"Elevating" Your SociaLIFE!
Herbal Healing…Herbs to Keep YOU Moving!
Herbs can help by stimulating circulation, by nourishing joints and connective tissue, and by easing inflammation.
Human are designed to move and our health depends on it!
Moving our bodies moves food through our digestive system, moves lymph and blood through our vessels and helps keep arthritis and osteoporosis at bay.
1. Use Ginger(any form, tea, herb…ginger ale..only if you made it yourself) to improve circulation, reduce inflammation, improve sluggish digestion.
2. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory herb for joint problems, physical trauma, it enhances the blood flow and removes toxins.
3. Sassafrass is beneficial for arthritis conditions. It moves and cleanses the blood. Taste like root beer!
4. Solomon’s Seal is good for creaky joints or after an injury. Heals injuries to the tendons, ligaments and
joints, great for tendonitis.
5. Gotu Kola heals connective tissue. Heals skin inflammation and arthritis. Excellent herb for those practicing yoga or meditation, it calms and focus the mind.
6. Willow Bark & MeadowSweet.. both contain the main ingredient in aspirin. Excellent for many kinds of pain. (there is no side effects, in fact, it’s used to treat ulcers, stomach problems caused by aspirin)
7. Black Cohosh is an excellent herb for menopause, menstrual cramps, muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory for joints.
*Eating nightshades like potatoes, tomatoes and eggplants can cause negative reactions, including stiffness in the joints.
*Eating red meat due to the fatty acids promotes and increases your chance of joint inflammation.
*Eating certain Fish can provide beneficial fatty acids for better flexibility and movement. (Shrimp..buy US Wild or farmed, Salmon..buy Wild caught, avoid farmed
salmon, Tuna..canned or fresh..avoid farmed)
*In general it’s best to eat as low on the food chain as possible, as species such as clams, oysters and crab are best suited to sustain fishing pressure and have
the lowest level of contaminants.
Where to buy these Herbs?
*Sevananda, 467 Moreland Avenue, in L5P www.sevananda.coop (404) 681-2831
*Whole Foods, www.wholefoodsmarket.com (all locations)
*Life Grocery, 1453 Roswell Road, Marietta www.lifegrocery.com 770-977-9583
*Return to Eden, 2335 Chesire Bridge Rd, Atlanta www.return2eden.com 404-320-3336
*Georgia Organics(see complete list of grocers, markets): http://www.georgiaorganics.org